Monday, February 7, 2011

I Am A Coward

I had an intriguing conversation with one of my best friends last night. We talked in depth about GOD and blessings and how we block our own blessings. In both our cases a major factor is fear. I do not live to my full potential. I know that I can do more to please GOD. I do not concern myself with what society or even those close to me feel I should do with my life. However I am always asking GOD to use me as a vessel to bless people. And while I do see it happening regularly, it's on a small scale.

I want to shout my testimony from a mountain top. I want to spread the Word from corner to corner. But my own cowardice stops me. My testimony is filled with highs that have reached a zenith point and lows that seems to have reached the depths of hell. Through it all I have bounced back and only by the grace of GOD. This needs to be shared. What if there is someone out there who can be stopped from killing someone or committing suicide? What if someone can come out of depression or stop abusing children? What if someone can stop addictive behavior or stop being unfaithful? Most importantly, what if someone finds Jesus Christ and comes to the realization that He died to save them, to wipe their slate clean, to provide them with eternal life?

GOD has the power to do all of the above and then add more blessings to these people's lives. He uses people like me who have varied experiences and who have witnessed His works. Yet and still I sit on what I know. I go back and forth with whether or not to pursue what I think I should do.

I must overcome my fear. I must put my cowardly ways aside. I must look forward and stop looking behind. I am liable to walk into a wall if I keep looking back and allowing what's behind me to hold my focus. (read Luke 9:51)

So many people walk around with this same fear. Talk with GOD. Pray. Read the Word. Find out what His will is for your life.Then pursue it vigorously. I am going to take my own advise. I will start with a pray. I will ask GOD to make my path clear, to make it all right or all wrong, to make it unambiguous. Then I will work on building courage. I know that if I am following GOD's will and not my own, if I am being righteous and not self righteous, I cannot fail and that fear is silly.

Pray for me. Pray for you. Thank you.