Sunday, January 5, 2014

GOD has my back

IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING WITH ANYTHING & I MEAN ANYTHING PLEASE READ WHAT ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO ME TODAY.

I am going to share something personal with those who will take a few minutes to read this post. I am in the process of working on a very important project. It’s going to be a long process and going to take a lot of hard work on my part. This morning I was feeling anxious and very scared. Doubt and dread started to creep in. Can I do this? Should I do this? Will I be successful? What will people think of me? What do they think of me right now? Is this what God wants for me?  

As these thoughts were going through my head, a song crept in. “Hold To God’s Unchanging Hand.” I wasn’t sure why the sing popped into my head, but I told God I was going to listen out for that song.
As I drove to church, I continued to think about my project which is unnamed but requires a name. While I am creative in many ways, I found it challenging to come up with a name for my project. I walked into church thinking of names. Stuff was coming to mind, but nothing felt right. More importantly, nothing spoke to my soul.

Upon entering the church, I tried to clear my mind. I decided I’d think about this stuff later. However, when I went to the altar to pray, I decided to pray about my project. I told GOD that I was scared. I told Him I unsure about taking this unknown road. I asked Him if this is what He wants for me. I asked Him to speak to me directly and give me an unambiguous answer. I wanted blessed assurance.  I also asked Him for a name for my project. I told God that I didn’t want to sense any doubt. I wanted the name to come to me and I’d just know. There’d be no hemming and hawing. Again blessed assurance. 

After altar call my pastor started to preach. He started his sermon by reading Isaiah 41:1. 
“So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Then my pastor said, “If you’re scared, say you’re scared.” Now remember, when I went to the altar I expressed my fear and doubt to the LORD. And the song “Hold To God’s Unchanging Hand” was in my head earlier.

So when I pastor read that scripture and said what he said, my eyes welled up with tears. I knew GOD was talking to me. HE was answering my prayers. He was giving me blessed assurance. 

My pastor preached about the promise of God’s protection. So I guess I don’t have to worry about what people think of me. My pastor said  do not let the unknown deny you your happiness or lower your efficiency. So I guess I shouldn’t  let fear rule me. My pastor told us we are protected by God’s hand and unfailing love. So I guess I had better hold to His unchanging hand. My pastor said that God is ALWAYS with us and we should not be discouraged. We are safe. So I guess I can tell that doubt to leave me alone. My pastor said God is equal to every emergency we might encounter in all areas of our lives. So I guess I won’t worry about failing. My pastor said we need to trust God and that God will strengthen us. He told us that whatever we need, God can do it. At that moment, the name of my project popped into my head and I knew. I just knew. This was right. This is it. 

My pastor went on to say that we might not know how God is going to get things done, we just need to know that God will. We have to do our part and He will do His. So I know the hard work I sow now will reap blessings for the LORD in the future. 

My pastor told us that Jesus’ voice says to fight on. He will uphold us with the righteousness of His right hand. Once again he referred to that hand that I should never let go of. My pastor elaborated by saying the right hand is the hand you extend. And when God extends His right hand you need not worry that He is doing something tricky with His left.

There’s one other very important thing that God said to me through my pastor. God instructed me to read the Bible so He can speak to me, reassure me, give me confidence, and call me to obedience. I used to read the word every night. I’ve fallen off. Had I still been reading the Bible I might not have been filled with fear, dread, and doubt.

I will be obedient. I will read the word everyday from today moving forward. I will hold to God’s unchanging hand. I will work hard. I will be blessed.

If you don’t know GOD, please, please, please take a moment and get to know Him. What He is doing for me, He will do for you.